AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Manure savings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ctnfarms
Posted 5/27/2023 14:25 (#10245914 - in reply to #10245910)
Subject: RE: Manure savings

NW IA
chemguy2 - 5/27/2023 14:22

Manure has a lot of benefits but also has costs associated to it. All manure need management just like fertilizers but also has the organic matter to aid in nutrient release later or next year as it breaks down. if your not going to manage the nutrients then you may need to add commercial fertilizers. You also have to agitate, haul and apply the manure according to the nutrient plans. You can lose 50% of the nitrogen in a short period if applied to the surface or work it in and you have to deal with tillage pass and compaction if timing isn't just right.
I have a great number of customers that do see an increase is yield, little to no additional fertilizers needed with nutrient protection product called TRIUNE.
Triune breaks down solids/crust, reduces the gas in barns and protects nutrients for 10+ months in the barn and fields.

I have yet to see any of these magical products work as described. I've tried a lot of them. They've all been a disappointment. Not even close to worth the money.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)