AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

White planters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BobNESD
Posted 5/26/2023 13:50 (#10244567 - in reply to #10244414)
Subject: RE: White planters

We have used White planters since 1991, 5100 then 6100, and now I use a 9524 20” row. I have had AgLeader advanced seed monitoring since 2012. If you can get round seed that is actually all nice rounds, it is dead on accurate, like 99.8% or better. The biggest problem I’m having, is seed graded as round looking more like flats, or so many varieties that I want aren’t available in rounds at all sometimes. Like some others have said, once you have auto steer and advanced monitoring, now you have the ability to really watch it and I tend to get really picky and worried about the singulation. I tend to get all worried if I can’t get 97% or better. A couple years ago, I had one variety I was having trouble singulating, had my son bring out different plates, still couldn’t get it above 95 or 96%. Seed monitor was showing a rainbow of colors indicating over and under planting compared to the target population, instead of the nice green color you want to see. As it turned out, that 80 of corn ended up yielding over 200bu, which is very good for here and one of the best field averages I’ve ever had! I think the fancy seed monitoring has just made us worry about some things more than we really need to.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)