AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Meanwhile, in the middle of nowhere
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 5/27/2023 07:48 (#10245467 - in reply to #10245423)
Subject: RE: Meanwhile, in the middle of nowhere

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

Since I retired, I try to be a pretty unreliable hired hand but sometimes the boss catches me and I have to drive one of the farm's outfits. If , for some reason, I need to drive very far along the other east west route along the hi-line in MT, I'm pretty much screwed when it comes to using the Tesla because political pressures have been exerted to keep from improving the highway much and those same pressures are also keeping DC fast chargers from being installed there. Haven't really had occasion to use that road for some time but I did buy the car knowing that I would be dealing with the red headed stepchild of Montana roads. I see that a recent survey of Tesla owners selected Whitefish as a place to install superchargers so that will be the first place close to Hwy 2 that gets chargers. Of course, that will be private money funding that install that I think is mainly to cater to the ski tourists that frequent the area. Tesla still continues to build out their charging network with their funds. Fed money you hear of for installing chargers won't be coming to Tesla because Musk has refused to modify his chargers to include a display and other stuff.
As far as my personal driving needs, the Tesla is getting the job done for everything so far. My first wife has a brand new ICE vehicle that she drives because she isn't a fan of EVs. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)