AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Microdisectomy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

deeretech14
Posted 6/4/2023 20:40 (#10257211 - in reply to #10243081)
Subject: RE: Microdisectomy

SW Ohio
I had L4/L5 done 6.5 years ago now. We got done with harvest Nov 3rd and I was on the table Nov 4th. Did nothing but hang out on the couch with my newborn daughter for a month. Got to moving a little after that, had a brace for riding in the car. Wouldn't let me haul grain for 3 months after surgery. They said that dump truck drivers are their #1 customer. Spent about 2 years in therapy before and after surgery. My surgery took extra time because I had put it off so long that my body had calcified around the injury a lot and the surgeon couldn't get into where he needed to. I think I started my back problems about 12 years ago and 6 years ago finally got bad enough insurance would pay for surgery. Overall best thing I've done for myself. I tend to use the forklift or other means of lifting more now, and if I do have to handle heavy things, I get them to a comfortable height first by other means. I still have a bit of numbness in my left foot, but its way better than before surgery when it just kind of dangled, I couldn't really move it well. Made driving a stick shift interesting that fall
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)