AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Medical errors.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

nebfarmer
Posted 5/24/2023 06:10 (#10241320)
Subject: Medical errors.

SE Nebraska, Near Misery and Cans Ass!

My wife had successful back surgery a couple months ago. She was burned over 60 % of her body 50 years ago, Since then she can't tollerater certain pain killers and the adhesive on plastic bandages.

I was with her in all the preop stuff and verbally as well as in conversation those needs were clearly stated as fabric bandages and Nucenta pain relievers are not commonly available.

After surgery She was having a difficult time and incoherent. I checked the label on her IV and pointed out the problem to her nurse. The reply was but that's always what that doctor always orders. I pulled out the printed copy of our preop consultation and showed it to her. She said "Oh My " and asked to have it. An hour later a manager came in apologizing and trying to explain what happened. Making excuses is what I call it.

A day latter her incision area began to itch terribly under the 4x8 inch bandage that covered it and was supposed to remain for two weeks.  After two days we demanded it be removed. There were four plastic strip bandages under it, The adhesive on those bandages took of a sufficient layer of skin to require grafts from other areas, Again all cover in preop. We highlighted and under lined it on the written  preop report as this has happened before! 

I wouldn't be here and neither would she if not for the medical profession but I'm tired of being treated like an Idiot!

End of rant!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)