AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Observations in SW Iowa
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

marbro1
Posted 5/23/2023 20:40 (#10240933)
Subject: Observations in SW Iowa

Southwest Iowa
A good friend of mine and his seed dealer went out yesterday and did some soybean stand counts. He resisted the first wave of planting here in the April 12-15 time frame. It was warmer than normal that week, we got a 1-2 inch rain the 15th that kept us out of the fields for awhile and it got cold during that stretch. When he planted his crops, which I believe was around the first week to 10 days of May, I'd venture the field conditions were close to ideal, other than not having much sub soil moisture.

We have fields anywhere from 10-20 miles north, northwest of his location. For the month of May, our fields have recieved anywhere from 1-2.5 inches, which came early in the month. For the entire month of May, his fields received .1-.25 inches of rain.

This isn't intended to be a market mover type of post. We can revisit it in November when I'm sure somebody will claim that I was trying to kill the crop here. My crops and my immediate surrounding area, look good. Some corn has been in the ground going on 6 weeks, so I think things should be bigger than they are. But that cold stretch followed by some cloudy days set done if the early crops back some. We are needing a drink though to keep things moving along and continue looking good.

(Screenshot_20230523_203100_Twitter (full).jpg)

(Screenshot_20230523_203020_Twitter (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot_20230523_203100_Twitter (full).jpg (199KB - 94 downloads)
Attachments Screenshot_20230523_203020_Twitter (full).jpg (125KB - 90 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)