AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My mom is in hospice at nursing home. No meds
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 5/24/2023 08:10 (#10241504 - in reply to #10241290)
Subject: RE: Disagree with u

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

redoak - 5/24/2023 05:23
8130JD - 5/23/2023 18:35 Been thru that. Tremendous amount of incompetence in a hospital. You are your mothers advocate. I think controlling a room full of 3rd graders would be easier. Hospice nurse had a coming to Jesus meeting with nursing home staff.
My Wife was nurse for 35 yrs. Your statement is rude and creul. Maybe you should work in the health field...Mistakes happen, but every health care worker I know cares a lot about the patients

If your wife has been in the profession that long, I'm willing to bet she'd have the same or similar opinion. There are a tremendous number of fantastic nurses and other personnel on any given medical or surgical floor. But there are also a large number of personnel who are there for no more than the check. And in general, both types of employees work on the same shifts.  I well remember the days when a family member would be an inpatient and could be left most of the day to rest and recover and trust medical staff to do what was appropriate for their care. Now, I just can't imagine leaving a less-than-cognitively-whole patient alone more than a couple hours without some form of advocacy to support their care and healing. I'm fairly fresh off of this type of situation with regard to my mother, and had more challenges getting her meds and care plan followed than I would have ever thought possible. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)