AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sold equipment on online auction
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Expensive Hobby
Posted 5/23/2023 10:08 (#10240306 - in reply to #10240271)
Subject: RE: Sold equipment on online auction

NW Missouri
Not picking something up for a while after an online auction is normal. No communication is not, at least in my opinion. I have bought a lot of things through online auctions. Sometimes it's multiple months before I get them picked up. But I always try to contact the seller right away and make sure they don't have an issue with that. Sometimes they are super antsy about it, or sometimes the auction rules are very restrictive, and in those cases I try to go get those things picked up quickly. But if the seller doesn't care, then I'll pick stuff up when I'm already going that way, or once I've bought enough stuff to make a loop and get it all.

I would agree with the other poster that you have zero obligation to store it inside once it's sold, nor would I expect that as a buyer. Once the seller has their money and the buyer has reached out to them about their intentions to come get it, sellers usually don't care how long it takes. But zero communication would open a buyer up to the auction rules about abandonment and re-selling items, at least in my opinion. Maybe if you're worried about it talk to the auction rep and see what they say.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)