AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Craving milk.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

FJS
Posted 5/22/2023 21:46 (#10239648 - in reply to #10239585)
Subject: RE: Craving milk.

Tomball,Texas
At home I drink milk out of frozen beer mugs,the milk will freeze to sides,when the mug is half empty I’ll fill it again to keep it cold if that makes sense.I can easily drink 2 or 3 quarts at supper.I bring home 3 gallons at a time.
I love love love ice cold raw milk,I put a 20’ tube cooler/heat exchanger on the milk line before it goes in the milk tank,it’s circulating 32° water when we first start milking,after the milk pump cycles and while the receiving jar is filling the milk that is sitting in the tube cooler might sit there for a minute before the pump kicks on again and I like to catch some of that milk that hasn’t been out of the cow over 2 minutes and it’s ice cold,now that fresh.

One hot summer day,like 100° summer day I stopped in the gas station and I put a quart of white milk on the counter along with a little something to eat,the girl working behind the counter said you must be a farmer,I was kinda surprised because there is very little farming left in this area,I said “why do you say that “? She said only farmers drink milk when it hot like this.
I said yeah run a dairy farm about 4 miles up the road and there is a milk tank full of milk and here I am buying some for my lunch.She was from Iowa or something.

Yes I drink lots of milk
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)