AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can’t say I ever remember seeing this on May 20…
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 5/20/2023 23:23 (#10237173 - in reply to #10236907)
Subject: RE: Can’t say I ever remember seeing this on May 20…

Saronville NE
I state guys always cry it's dry then grow 200 bu corn. They don't know what dry is.

We will have zero grass hay or dryland alfalfa to cut this yr pastures won't make it 30 days. My oats didn't even make it this yr. My notill dryland soybeans have a 50% stand. Pivots have made 4 passes already to get things up, incorporate chemical and trying to build subsoil for later in the or we won't even grow decent irrigated corn once tassel hits we won't be able to ever keep up. It's going to get damn serious here in hurry already is. We are way drier then 2012. Every chance looks like we can't miss we get mist or 15 that's it. Never seen anything like it. Buried new waterline last week 4 ft of flour even the clay is flour.

Wish would of planted more irrigated feed instead of corn. It'll be worth more than corn and corn keeps tanking.

I'm not usually a pessimist and find opportunities or the happy side of things. But that's getting tough in this environment. I know KS, Co, tx etc go thru this regularly so I should shutup that we don't fight it that often.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)