AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Berberine: Liver and Metabolic Health
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/27/2023 22:59 (#10246338 - in reply to #10246260)
Subject: prescription medications interactions with supplements

Pittsburg, Kansas

I suspect there are a lot of people with NAFLD. If a person is generally trim but has a big extending belly, there is a good chance that they have NAFLD. Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. The big, fat liver is bulging out their waist line. The dunlap belly. So many people have it now, some doctors don't even bother telling their patients they have it.

I can see where you are on maximum dosage of Metformin why they would not want you to also take Berberine. Like you say, they use similar pathways. I'm on a low dose and do not want to increase it.

I'm pretty sure at one time I had NAFDL but after losing 100 pounds and going from a 42-44 waist down to a 32-34 it went away. Low carb eating (under 20 grams carbs a day) done it. And maybe cutting out vegetable oils out of the diet.

Yes, if a person is in poor health, they definitely need to be consulting a doctor. No argument there. Generally speaking, if it is not something they prescribe, doctors will not like it.

I'm in better health now at 68 than most of my years from about 50-64. No longer test diabetic after being diabetic for probably 35 years (taking insulin shots four times a day four and a half years ago - zero insulin shots now with better blood sugar control). So long ago I don't remember when I first started taking glyburide at the first diabetes diagnosis. Reversed my diabetes when I was told it was a progressive disease and would only get worse. Many doctors simply don't know. A few do.

I have linked a number of them previously here on Kitchen Table. They gave me the information to take my life back from diabetes type II and put it into remission.

It is good you bring up the subject of taking things that might interfere with prescription medications. A person should always be aware of that potential. Thanks.

Edited by John Burns 5/28/2023 10:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)