AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

InCommand 1200 / Agfiniti
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/19/2023 11:28 (#10235204 - in reply to #10235139)
Subject: RE: InCommand 1200 / Agfiniti

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I do this.

One area of confusion is with the term Agfiniti. This can be the cloud based app which does require the license and yearly fee. With it, the internet is involved and requires access to the internet while in the field.

Personally I have the AgFiniti mobile app on my iPad Pro (requires an iPad I think). This is a free app available from the Apple App Store. I do need to set my InCommand up as an Access Point. This can be done on one of the Data Transfer screens.

When the InCommand is running it will be broadcasting on an Access Point called InCommand. If I look under settings on the iPad (They need to be fairly close to each other), I will see a WiFi connection called InCommand. If I select that choice the InCommand and iPad can communicate between each other.

The InCommand will transfer information to the iPad and its App in what I think of as a batch mode. That means the information is transferred as a large group rather than continuous small bites.

In other words while planting a field, if I should bring up the field on the iPad, I will not see my point by point progress on the map. When I switch fields, the InCommand sends the information about the entire field to the iPad in a large block or batch. I can force this to happen before the field is finished if I should feel the need to do that. The map and summaries are then retained in the mobile app.

The field can then be selected on the iPad through the App and the varieties will be shown in different colors very much like what you see on the InCommand. I apply fertilizer and spray also with my planter, each of which goes through an Ag Leader module so I have those maps and summaries also. I can bring the iPad into my office and print off the variety maps on paper since my iPad can communicate wirelessly to my HP printer. I can hand carry the iPad with me for scouting purposes.

I use this method to produce variety maps from the planter, spray maps from the Hagie and basic yield maps from the combine since the InCommand is used in all these vehicles. This is very handy for record keeping, govt. reports, scouting, etc.

This does not use SMS or the internet. I do not have the ability to make adjustments for scale or do analysis like I could using SMS. For my purposes this works out well.

We have been rained out from completing our planting and I may bring the iPad to the office and print out the maps for the fields that have been planted so far this afternoon

The mobile app is free and does not require a yearly license. If you access to an iPad, I would advise giving what I do a try. There is no charge for using the mobile app. No cables or other devices are needed. The InCommand and iPad can communicate via the Access Point. It may not meet your needs but the price is right. I believe your problem is that you were attempting to use the Ag Finiti cloud arrangement and haven't purchased the Essentials License.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)