AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

In Command, closing events, replanting?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 5/18/2023 23:13 (#10234621 - in reply to #10234317)
Subject: RE: In Command, closing events, replanting?

East Central, Nebraska
how old is your firmware? originally there was an option on the IC1200s and 800s for that matter that would let you close out an event. that ended up being very stupid as you could not open them back up. after a firmware update or two it would allow you to suspend an event and now does not give you the option to close the event. this would allow you to reopen it as your only option is suspend. if your firmware is up to date then your just suspending the event. you can go back in and select the event when you are opening the field.

from there you have a couple options, you can open the old event and just plant on top of it. i am unsure why this would be beneficial but it is possible. autoswath would be worthless as it would not let the planter turn on as the area was covered, unless of course you shut the autoswath off to plant. the second would would be to just start a new event and plant like normal. its possible if you have taken the data out of the display then it wont let you open the old event anyhow.

as for in the combine which it would use as the variety for variety tracking i have no idea. when i replant i just open a new event. for me it would depend on if i am spotting in a little here and there or replanting a whole field. if spotting in i would open the original event. if planting a whole field or large area i would create a new event. my gut tells me the display will show the most recent planted variety in the combine but i am unsure.

Edited by caseihfarmer 5/18/2023 23:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)