AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

But the sun don't shine at night . . .
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 5/19/2023 20:36 (#10235759 - in reply to #10234122)
Subject: RE: But the sun don't shine at night . . .

southern MN
Ed Boysun - 5/18/2023 15:13

Remember the gas lines and man made shortages of car fuel that were imposes by a bunch of oil sheiks? Talk about putting all eggs in one basket. If it's all the same to you, I'll tell the OPEC terrorists to shove their oil and I'll try to do without their product. I realize that at this stage, we can't completely cut the hose but every little bit has to help. What are you doing?

I enjoyed the years when usa was close enough to oil independent that we were exporting oil. Was good times for many.

Of course energy use and sources do change over time, and when it makes sense it’s good to transition to something that works better.

Ethanol and soybean/ veg oil is a good transition fuel. Both have pretty good science showing an energy and economic boost from both of them. They would never be a total solution, just as solar panels and windmills will never actually be.

Somewhere in the future I envision the very technological mostly autonomous vehicles to be owned in huge fleets by 3-4 national ‘taxi companies’ for lack of a better moniker.

The vehicles will flit about the metro areas and shuttle people from place to place anticipating where they are needed. Shopping malls and Walmart’s and factories, if any are left, wont need parking lots, just a drop off pick up lane like an airport.

Homes won’t need driveways and garages any more.

Managed by the taxi giants, they will be uber efficient as just in time vehicles catching back hauls.

10% will be rotated out for maintenance, any breakdowns can quickly have a passing replacement pick up the fare.

Less land use, less investment by individuals, less control of our own destinies or lives.

I really do see that as the future.

Rural folk might be left out, as all this works far better in higher density areas.

People won’t understand the movie ‘American Graffiti’ any more.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)