AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Franklin Grove, IL to Pittsburgh, PA
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Reality speaks
Posted 5/17/2023 14:23 (#10232743 - in reply to #10232723)
Subject: RE: Franklin Grove, IL to Pittsburgh, PA

n. Illinois
Not to far from you in Illinois and I have family in Pittsburg as well.

Two route options are either take I-80 and the toll roads in Indiana and Ohio and PA to Pittsburgh (its the fastest and costliest with the tolls) Other than the south side of CHicago there are no other major metro areas where you can run into massive traffic Jams.

Option 2 is take I-39 south to Normal and Pick up I-74 to Indy and then Pick up I-70 to Washington PA where you pick up I-79 to go back north to Pittsburgh. I 39 and I 74 through Illinois are both fast and low traffic. I-74 to Indy is easy and fast. Indy can be fun at times. If your familiar with Indy you can try and go through on I-70 but I find it easier sometimes just to take I 465 and go around the south side back to I-70. I-70 through eastern Indiana and Ohio is also a fast and easy drive. Go straight through Columbus Ohio as its faster than going around it. (best part of Option 2 is you will past the best Steakhouse in Indiana, Its called the Beefhouse and its at Covington Indiana right off the Interstate. Its well worth the stop.

The other options you laid out are two many two lane roads with towns to go through.

Edited by Reality speaks 5/17/2023 14:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)