AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are these numbers right for cobalt ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

billybob
Posted 5/15/2023 23:24 (#10230816 - in reply to #10230589)
Subject: RE: Are these numbers right for cobalt ?

Just trying to get an understanding of this cobalt thing.  It is such a talking point sometimes.  Someone pointed out that EV batteries will eventually become cobaltless in the future they think, but they said we will still be using cobalt for petroleum. I never knew cobalt was even used in petroleum refinement.  Then Google tells me how much or little, depends on how you look at, is used to refine 80,000 gallons.  USA prob. does million or billions of gallons a day, so maybe using cobalt for petro is I big thing.  Just asking if these numbers were right or was Goggle steering me wrong.  If you don't ask, you never know.  

Google says 30 # of cobalt for the average EV.  Others say 10% of the battery weight.  Batteries weigh 1,000 to 2,000 #, so 100 to 200 # cobalt.  What a range of information.  

Yes, lots of other things to make petro.  Also a lot of other things to make batteries.  

I just find such major decisions are made for us, not by us, by people when the information is just not there.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)