AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bestway sprayer not turning on soon enough
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/15/2023 08:46 (#10229840 - in reply to #10229439)
Subject: RE: Bestway sprayer not turning on soon enough

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Most auto swath systems ask certain questions about the setup. Some ask for the various distances such as where the GPS itself is located on the tractor, the length of the hitch, the distance from the hitch point to the application point etc. Some also use a time factor. Some such as Ag Leader use both. Since you say an EZ-Guide 500, I assume you are using it with EZ-Boom which was actually produced by Ag Leader and may use both the various distances and lead times for turn On and another for turn Off.

All these will have an effect on when the section valves turn ON or OFF as well as how fast the section valves respond.

Purposely shortening the distance between the application point and the GPS reference point will fool the system into turning ON sooner since it will think that the sprayer is closer to the GPS than it really is. The downside to that approach is that the system will also turn OFF sooner which might be undesirable.

A better approach might be to increase the turn ON "lead time" which would not affect the turn OFF point.

If you start messing with these settings write down what you started with and what you are trying, to get an idea of what effect the changes are making. If you don't write down what the various settings are at present, you may have trouble getting back to where you started due to confusion. Maybe these questions have not been answered correctly.

The representation on the screen is not a good indicator of when the spray actually starts/stops. Visual confirmation is sometimes tough to see from the drivers seat and an outside observer might be helpful. Personally I would prefer a bit of overlap into the headlands rather than have an area that is missed. Also try to make your turn around procedure consistent, if you get settings fine tuned the way you want them, continue with that turn around procedure as far as speeding up etc. Another driver might have a different procedure and the settings that work well for you might not work well for them.

My motto is "try to work with the system rather than against it". Doing things consistently will help to work with the systems in many respects.

Edited by tedbear 5/15/2023 08:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)