AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New house basement slab issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 5/15/2023 09:22 (#10229883 - in reply to #10229869)
Subject: RE: New house basement slab issues

HuskerJ - 5/15/2023 09:12 Perfection in concrete is nearly impossible to achieve. IMO, while it isn't perfect, it no way is it worth tearing out and redoing. If you are putting flooring over it, it will be fine. If not, there are products designed to spruce up bare concrete. It will level out the little low spots that hold water, and cover the crack. The better products are elastic enough that the crack should not show through provided the floor slab is rebared properly. I would consider one crack to actually be an above average job, from what I've seen. I've seen very, very few slabs of any size with no cracks in them, and if I remember right, they were poured with minimum water, and covered for a few days with a kind of blanket as they cured.

Years ago I had a concrete contractor tell me that they used to guarantee 2 things about their work, it would get hard and crack.     

He then said that after doing a job that had a ready mix batching error that ended up with mud that never setup they quit guaranteeing that it would get hard.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)