AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I have a student loan question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

MD GenX
Posted 5/15/2023 05:41 (#10229588 - in reply to #10229583)
Subject: RE: I have a student loan question

Eastern Shore of MD
Our daughter recently graduated physicians assistant school. She graduated near the top of her high school class then worked for a year as an EMT before applying and so was able to get into just about all here choices from big name big dollar schools to one in partnership with a local community college that had a decent but much less expensive program.

She is pretty driven so it took her a while to listen to mom and dad that the program in conjunction with the community college was her best choice. She has a job, 100K in debt and cash flow at 26 that I could only have dreamed about so she will have not problem repaying that level of debt.

We helped pay for undergrade degree but she was on her own for the PA degree. As a graduate student the college just offers loans and the students just sign them saying they will have future income to repay, They even have calculations of living expenses so nearly 100% of cost can be financed.

We paid about half of her undergrade degree with 529 plan savings and the rest out of cash flow so never got involved in that Parent Plus loan program, thank goodness! I would hate to have student loans to pay for my child now.

Edited by MD GenX 5/15/2023 05:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)