AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Interview assistance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

AmosB
Posted 5/15/2023 07:11 (#10229692 - in reply to #10228927)
Subject: RE: Interview assistance

Middle of the middle west
With only four days to go, there is probably not any instant cure other than practice. I remember being that age and quite introverted myself. What really helped me long term was going to the local taverns where there were people that I knew of, but didn't really know and just learn how to talk to people. Being someplace like that, I could come in and leave when I wanted, and a few beers took the edge off of the anxiety.

It is now one of this things that you can turn on and use when you want or need to and when you don't, you can just go back to listening in a social situation rather than talking.

Seeing as how he is in high school and good worker, he probably doesn't partake of alcohol too much if at all. If he doesn't, trying before a job interview is probably not the best idea. If he does however and he knows how it affects him a drink or two, but no more than two, an hour or so before might help take the edge off. It used to help me when I went out on dates many moons ago. I used to get so nervous, and had a hard time carrying on a conversation. I'd have one or two and that would help me relax some. I always likened dates to relationship or marriage interviews.

Probably striking up conversations with strangers would help the most. Maybe a diner where truck drivers frequent. Some of those guys have are able to turn the gift of gab into an art form.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)