AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We lost our farm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jsfarms86
Posted 5/14/2023 06:59 (#10228296)
Subject: We lost our farm

Northeast Nebraska
Friday evening I just got done loading semis and rushed home to my wife and son as there was tornados south of our house. I watched them a few miles away heading east. I told my wife they are up in the air no big deal. It got bad with the wind but we were fine minimal damage at our house.

Our main farm where my parents live, where we are going to be moving as soon as my parents new house in town was built. Neighbor over there texted my wife said their house is standing and that's it. I was thinking oh no no our farm place is inline with them. Minutes later another guy calls asking where my parents are as mom was working late and dad was getting parts. He proceeds to tell me propane is leaking everywhere and it's all gone. My farm is my pride enjoy my reason I love to work everyday. My dad and me built everything on that farm and planted 100s of trees. It's our empire. Only good thing is we are spread out and have a few machine sheds around so not all equipment is there.

Only thing that is standing is the house and 1 bin. Attached garage is gone. 2 bins gone 3 hog barns with pigs. Machine shed shop leveled. My sprayer is trashed and planter tractor cab is bad numerous other things destroyed. Pivots, pipe, Augers you name it and something is broke. I mean a cow up the road has a 2x4 sticking out of him.

The agony and pain is deep. My wife and myself were already batteling the loss of miscarriage the day before. I sure didnt need this to ruin her mother's day.As everyone else in this farming community you work your ass off to have something nice to hand it down to the next generation. I know my issues right now are very minor this is part of life. Guy up the road just lost his graduating daughter to hired hand in a payloader and her in a pickup going around a building. Sorry for the probably bad grammar. I just wanted to share how fast something can be taken from you. Here is a link of our area hope it works. My farm starts at 1:50 mark. Also from the bottom of my heart the people who came to pickup the pieces are priceless all class acts. One other thing. I bet almost a dozen coop employees including South American workers came load 4 semi loads of pigs, on our hands and knees under a barn. Let me know of fbn does that for you. I want cheap prices to but we need a community in a time in need.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3QoXj-jeKhY&feature=youtu.be

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)