AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mothers Day
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

clevepreach
Posted 5/14/2023 15:05 (#10228784 - in reply to #10227918)
Subject: RE: Mothers Day

Cleveland, MS. Own small farm near Booneville, MS

My mom turned 94 on Valentine's Day. Still living by herself and driving herself to town, doctor appointments, church, etc. During the first week of March she had a fall in which she broke her backbone. She was in the hospital for about 3 weeks and then transferred to a nursing facility for rehab. Since she fell she has been wearing a body brace to hold everything in place. On Friday my wife and I picked her up in my pickup and took her out for lunch and a bit of riding around. She managed to climb in and out just fine but my pickup is not as tall as many and I do have a running board. Her next appointment with the neurologist is June 1st. Indications are that she will get rid of the brace and go back to independent living. Picture below was taken about one year ago. Mom is on the left. Her 98 year old sister is on the right. Sister is doing well except she has lost enough of her eyesight that she can no longer drive. Mom is the second of five siblings. All are now in their 80s with mom at 94 and oldest sister at 98. The two youngest still have living spouses. Herlon, Ouida (mom), Willodean, Geritta, and James Thomas. Those Johnson kids live a long time.

(IMG_3095 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_3095 (full).JPG (163KB - 26 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)