AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planter Wiring Diagram for Deere 250/350 monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/14/2023 11:46 (#10228615 - in reply to #10228578)
Subject: RE: Planter Wiring Diagram for Deere 250/350 monitor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thanks, I was able to get your pictures via email and print them out on paper. I'm doing some troubleshooting on a particular row which shows lower population at times. The charts confirmed my thoughts.

My Great nephew is running the planter. Row 20 is the row in question. He switched row units between row 19 & row 20 and problem stayed with row 20. He installed a used sensor from the tool box in row 20 and row 20 still has the problem. I'm not certain why a used sensor was in the tool box. I have purchased a complete new seed tube and sensor that we can try.

It is a CCS planter with 1.6 bushel boxes. He shut off the CCS fan and planted for a ways and compared the remaining soybean seed in row 20 against the other rows. It seemed to be at the same level so we think that all is well. Digging shows seed but it is hard to tell a reduced population with soybeans.

I made some 3 pin weather pack to 3 pin weather pack extensions for two rows. I will put them in between the frame harness and the seed tubes. I have a power and ground branch off of each. Since the connection between my extensions will be out on the frame, I will be able to easily swap everything between row 19 and row 20. It should also allow me to connect the side branches together so that row 20 will be getting power and ground from row 19 in case it is the power or ground to row 20 that is weak. I'm hopeful this should allow me to draw some conclusions.

Maybe everything will work fine and I won't get to the bottom of the problem until it resurfaces. Maybe there is a erratic vacuum problem with row 20. I do have a new vacuum hose on hand and may try that also. It seemed fine with corn although it hasn't poked out yet.

Plenty wet here with potential flooding. Ponds all over.

Edited by tedbear 5/14/2023 12:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)