AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is ag pollution?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

SamT
Posted 5/13/2023 08:00 (#10227188 - in reply to #10226993)
Subject: RE: What is ag pollution?

Texas
When I was a kid it was dust storms. There was a status symbol if you didn’t let your dirt blow ever. After we got cotton planted , we would have 3 sand fighters ready to roll out parked in the front yard. Nowdays a lot of guys let it blow. I’m surprised there hasn’t been more people killed on highways in sand storms.

Now dicamba is ag pollution here. I haven’t had a clean garden since 2017. This year is the first since then that my trees show no damage, grape vines have grapes on them. Peach trees are loaded too. Not once has my wife asked me “what’s that chemical I smell?” There’s mostly wheat around my house this year and everyone is doing tillage for some reason, it looks pretty 1995 around here this year.

Chemical jugs and totes could be part of pollution. No good way to get rid of them for a guy of any side. Those totes smoke like a tractor tire on fire.

We don’t deal with fertilizer run off, most guys don’t use any here or just use 100# of a blend. I have to put 10-34 in my pond so the fish have something.

Edited by SamT 5/13/2023 08:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)