AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hagie STS12 and Agleader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/13/2023 03:33 (#10227016 - in reply to #10226645)
Subject: RE: Hagie STS12 and Agleader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have an older STS10. I purchased it used from an independent dealer. A previous owner had installed an Ag Leader system consisting of an Auxiliary Input module connected to the Hagie boom switches and a Liquid Product Control Module. It had been run with an Ag Leader Versa display.

The deal did not include the Versa but I asked the dealer to leave it in when he delivered it to me. I copied the various settings for boom widths, pump control etc. on paper. I removed the Versa and the dealer took it with him.

I installed the InCommand 1200 from my planting tractor. I needed to use Ag Leader's adapter cable to connect the InCommand to the older display cable. I moved the GPS 6500 from the planting tractor to the Hagie also. I created a new configuration from my notes to the InCommand. It works fine.

You mention the pump switch. I didn't do the install on mine but I vaguely remember that there was some type of issue with the OEM pump switch on certain Self-propelled sprayers in the Ag Leader install instructions. I forget the details but it seemed that the OEM pump switch needed some modification. Maybe it was eliminated, I don't remember. This may have been a completely different brand and may not apply to you.

What type of control have you chosen for the configuration? Mine is a pump servo and not PWM. I suspect the newer models may be PWM but my older hydraulic system appears to be an open center type with a hydraulic servo assembly plumbed into the hydraulics near the orbit motor that runs the spray pump.

As far as folding/unfolding the booms, I have to push a button on the overhead display that Hagie uses. This has nothing to do with the Ag Leader but is a safety switch warning me to be careful and watch for power lines etc. I doubt if that is your issue since it seems that you are able to fold/unfold when the Ag Leader pump switch is off. My Hagie will not allow spray operations when the Hydro is in "road gear" either. My Hagie has a couple of Terminals inside the cab that could be used for other devices but I haven't used them.

I don't know what they used for a power source for my Ag Leader system. In general, the usual practice would be to go directly to the batteries at the rear. This would require a fairly lengthy run of wire but might be best.

Edited by tedbear 5/13/2023 04:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)