AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Child labor in Grand Island Nebraska
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

oldskool
Posted 5/13/2023 14:29 (#10227591 - in reply to #10227365)
Subject: RE: Child labor in Grand Island Nebraska

I don’t think there are many people who want to have a 6yo kid sewing their hand into a shoe or garment for a buck a day. On the flip side of the coin kids sitting around on social media all day isn’t giving them a great work ethic. I get the feeling from the people opposing kids working at all are afraid their own offspring will lose out on jobs later in life as they won’t have any work experience.

The letting kids be kids comment cracks me up too. What do you think that means in today’s world exactly? They aren’t going to be out in the street playing stickball, child predators took care of those activities in a hurry. Nowadays kids can either be on social media with friends or in sports. Which some sports coaches take seriously enough I would rather clean urinals at the sturgis rally than play for. At least at the rally the boss pays you for your degrading job. Young people my age (millennials) didn’t accumulate this amount of student debt/cc debt from their stellar work ethic and business sense. They got it from turning 18 with no work experience and being handed participation trophies at every turn growing up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)