AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Child labor in Grand Island Nebraska
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 5/12/2023 16:06 (#10226548)
Subject: Child labor in Grand Island Nebraska

East of Broken Bow
Seems like they found illegal child laborers in the Grand Island meat packing plant. From what I understand, they were not hired by the meat packer directly, they worked for a sanitation company that contracted with the packing plant. Either way, here is a link.
Kind of sad, when this happens. I'm a big believer of kids having a job/responsibilities as they get older, I also think that kids need to be able to be kids, and working a hazardous job during the night shift doesn't fly well with me. I guess part of how they found it was that some kids were showing up at school half asleep, some had chemical burns from cleaning agents, etc.

https://www.ksnblocal4.com/2022/11/11/packers-sanitation-services-gr...

PSSI employees in Grand Island work at the JBS meat packing plant, where the court filing says minor children have been working overnight cleaning shifts. Minors were also employed by PSSI to “clean the killing floor” and “clean power-driven machines, including meat and bone cutting saws”, according to the filing. One 13-year-old minor “suffered a serious chemical burn from PSSI’s chemical cleaners.”
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)