AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planting progress vs final yield
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

IN555
Posted 5/11/2023 20:59 (#10225563)
Subject: Planting progress vs final yield

NW Indiana
Does anyone have any fancy graphs or data actually showing planting progress and how it correlates to final yield? I'm just remembering back on years thinking that it seems early planting as a country has it really resulted in an above avg crop? 2012 turned out to be a disaster. 2009 had late planting and it turned out to be a big crop. It just seems if we are dry enough to plant early that it results in a lower yield and a cool wet spring turns into a bigger yield going off memory of several years that I can think of.
2019 I was getting that gut feeling that planting was going to be bad in late April and was on the PP belief in early May. This year my gut is getting that concerned feeling that this summer is going to be dry just based on the pattern I have seen with the weather the last 12 months. I don' think it will be hot like 2012 but just dry. The drought map last fall had I believe a record amount of the US in drought. So it has me curious is there any good data out there showing what the result is on planting progress and how that turned out for final yield?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)