AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Two Good Yogart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/11/2023 18:19 (#10225377 - in reply to #10225348)
Subject: Dr Davis yogurt

Pittsburg, Kansas

Here is the yogurt recipe that wife used for the last several years. You can do a Youtube search for home made yogurt and come up with a bunch of recipes.

My wife uses the "cold start" method where you do not have to scald the milk. You can do this with any "ultra pasturized" milk because the extra pasturization kills all the bacteria that might have lived with regular pasturized milk. The theory goes that scalding the ordinary pasturized milk kills any bacteria that might have lived that could make the yogurt taste "off" as that bacteria might out produce the bacteria that is specific to make yogurt - or something along that line - been too long since I studied it. "Cold Start" method is a lot easier because you start the yogurt out without having to scald it to a certain temperature then let cool before starting the yogurt process. Lots of Youtube videos about the process with a search.

Where my wife uses all "heavy cream" (as opposed to milk) it is all ultra pasturized no matter what brand you buy (unlike milk which can be pasturized OR ultra pasturized - ultra pasturized milk is the milk sold in boxes and is shelf stable. We used to buy it a bunch in Mexico way back when we traveled there a lot). The heavy cream to make yogurt makes a LOT less sucrose so a lot less carbs than whole milk or worse skim milk. Plus with all that fat it is soooooooo smooth and creamy. Makes excellent yogurt.

But I digress and told you a way lot more than you ask, LOL

Wheat Belly guy Dr William Davis yogurt recipe

Edited by John Burns 5/11/2023 18:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)