AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Burns thank you
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

VMUSA1
Posted 5/8/2023 21:02 (#10221536 - in reply to #10220658)
Subject: RE: John Burns thank you

Illinois Heartland
I’ll have to say that John has probably impacted more people on here than any other post.

My wife was born with 5 congenital heart birth defects. 3 open heart surgeries, 16 cardiac ablations, St Jude’s mechanical valve, septal patches, etc. Two years ago, she went in to permanent Atrial Fib and dramatically limits her physical activity. She started picking up weight since she can’t exercise and was really feeling down.

I told her about John’s posts and 3 months ago, plunged head first in to changing her diet. We didn’t realize how much sugar or its derivatives are in all the foods we eat.

We were buying a half of grass fed beef a year, now we are ordering a whole beef. Getting a whole hog butchered twice a year now. She raises Silkie chickens for pets, she just hatched some more in an incubator to increase egg production since we eat a lot more eggs now.

I’m gluten intolerant with precursors to Crohns that runs on my dads side of the family. I had lots of joint pain and thought it was rheumatoid arthritis like my grandmother had.

Both my wife and I went Keto. She went full bore, I’m a little more “dirty” but completely cut out sugars.

Her general cardiac Dr wasn’t too keen on it and wasn’t very supportive. However, she went from 158 lbs down to 144. She feels better mentally. We met with a Pacemaker Dr this morning. She’s an ideal candidate for the new micro implantable pacemaker and is scheduled for the end of the month. That Dr praised her for the Keto and said it helped keep her heart muscle strong and her mind in the right place.

For me, my joint pain is nearly gone, my mind is clear, and I feel better than ever.

Thank you John for sharing and helping to change so many lives!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)