AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Food poisoning?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

45Deere9670
Posted 5/8/2023 07:41 (#10220564 - in reply to #10220515)
Subject: RE: Food poisoning?

St. Joseph, Champaign County, IL
Dad and I had it bad, from a burger joint in Ford County, IL, back in the fall of 1994 or '95. We know it was from this particular establishment because Dad and I were the only ones who ate food from there. We used to have a field on the Champaign/ Ford County line (cross the road on the N side of the field, and you were in Ford County), and we were harvesting the corn off of it on a Saturday. I ran in to Paxton to get us both supper, and got us both the exact same items. It was most likely the pork tenderloin sandwich that got us.

It hit me first, late Sunday afternoon. Dad's episode hit a little bit later. I was in college at the time, and didn't make my UofI classes on Monday. Went to my classes on Tuesday, but still wasn't 100%. Dad and I both were over the worst of it Monday morning, but had no energy to do anything but lay around the rest of the day. Fortunately that field was the last of the harvest that year, and we managed to get everything moved back home before it took hold. Never blacked out from it, though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)