AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven flow meter to application rate module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/7/2023 09:10 (#10219120 - in reply to #10219004)
Subject: RE: Raven flow meter to application rate module

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I use an Ag Leader Application Rate Module with my InCommand 1200 in my Deere 8310R and 1770NT planter. I use it monitor (not control) my starter fertilizer which is delivered by a ground driven pump. The Application Rate module can be used different ways but I'm using it with a Raven RFM 15 flow meter in the fertilizer line. If set up correctly, the Application Rate module will create a map and show the applied rate. It can not control the rate. It does not work with multiple sections. It starts it calculations for the area, volume, rate/acre and mapping when it sees flow from the flow meter. It stop these calculations and mapping when the flow stops.

Ag Leader does have another module called the Liquid product control module which has more advanced features and can be used for rate control etc. Actually I have one of those on the planter also for a spray system. I also have another in my Hagie sprayer.

You will need the Application Rate Module and it must be connected to the Ag Leader CAN bus with a terminator likely at the last connection. The Application Rate module needs a cable leading to a flow meter. Different cables are available for different flow meters. You need a combination that will connect to your flow meter. A common choice would be a Raven flow meter. I happen to use the Raven RFM-15 which is suitable for my 24 row planter and rates. If you are using a Raven flow meter, this should work fine. The meter cal that you enter would be the number stamped on the Raven flow meter divided by 10. For example mine is stamped 1360 so I enter 136.

I'm not certain about using the Deere ISO Bus UT settings with the InCommand 1200 since all my planter modules are Ag Leader.

Please reply with your flow meter brand and size. Also are you running the Deere ISO Bus cable to the InCommand via a HiJack Cable or are you planning on using the Deere ISO modules with another Deere display? To use the ISO modules with the InCommand a HiJack cable is often involved. This routes the ISO connections on the rear of the tractor that formerly went to the tractor CAN to the InCommand. Thus the term HiJack.

Are you connecting to a known good Raven flow meter? Some other brands may need some other electronic trickery involving a pull up resistor on the signal line.

Edited by tedbear 5/7/2023 09:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)