AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PRO 700 GPS in?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WTW
Posted 5/6/2023 08:11 (#10217908)
Subject: PRO 700 GPS in?

Winkler, Manitoba Canada
Having difficulty getting the GPS connection working correctly....actually a bit strange as the GSV message comes through but not the GGA message apparently. Exporting from Leica MOJO units, something we do with a Trimble FMX and Precision Equipment with no issues. Pics of Pro 700 screen at bottom of post.

Edit. Last pic is a screenshot of the FMX we connected temporarily showing the NMEA strings being sent from the Leica MOJO.

Info I found online from CNH below. Kind of wonder about the comments about no ground on the RS232B connection.

Any ideas?

"How do I need to configure my receiver's serial port to communicate with the AFS Pro 600 or AFS Pro 700?
Related product:

AFS Pro 600AFS Pro 700AFS 162 ReceiverAFS 372 GNSS Receiver

The AFS Pro 600 and AFS Pro 700 require incoming GPS in the following format:

Communication protocol: NMEA
Baud rate: 4800 - 38400bps (38400 is preferred)
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 1
Hertz rate 1 hz or 5 hz
NMEA strings: Only GGA is required. GSV can be used to enable the constellation map in Diagnostics > GPS2.

On the AFS Pro 600 and AFS Pro 700, there are 4 Connection Type options on the Toolbox > GPS screen. Which one should I use?
Related product:

AFS Pro 600AFS Pro 700

CAN-A: Used with AFS AccuGuide systems on most Case IH tractors, Patriot sprayers, and Titan floaters

CAN-B: Used with AFS AccuGuide systems on most Case IH combines.

RS232A: Use if connecting any GPS receiver to the flat 5-pin connection on a 2100/2300/2500 series combine or universal tractor/planter harness. This setting is also used when connecting a serial receiver to the 10-pin connector on an 88 Series or 10/20/130/140/230/240 Series combine.

RS232B: Use if connecting any GPS receiver to the DE-9 connector on the bottom of the AFS Pro 600 or the back of the AFS Pro 700. IMPORTANT: This connector does not provide a ground for the data signal. If you experience difficulty establishing communication via the RS232B connection, contact your local Case IH dealer."

Edited by WTW 5/6/2023 19:03

(GSV (full).jpg)

(GGA (full).jpg)

(FMX NMEA strings (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments GSV (full).jpg (111KB - 77 downloads)
Attachments GGA (full).jpg (100KB - 73 downloads)
Attachments FMX NMEA strings (full).jpg (213KB - 66 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)