AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Leader version of agleader Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/3/2023 21:02 (#10214984 - in reply to #10214004)
Subject: RE: New Leader version of agleader Insight

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
As far as steering goes, if it has the steering unlock I think there is a reasonable chance that it could work with a Trimble Nav II since at one point in time the two companies had a cooperative agreement. The unlock is no longer available but did continue to work if present.

Concerning the New Leader branded version of the Insight. Through the years Ag Leader has made certain modified versions of their current product offerings for OEMs. Sometimes, the modified versions just had a different name and opening "splash" screen. Sometimes they were the "normal" models with some features crippled meaning they couldn't be used for general use. Sometimes they used different wiring patterns or added some special features.

I don't recall which of those modifications fits the New Leader branded Insight that you mention. If the only use for it is with the New Leader spreader than it is appropriate and steering through a Nav II may work.

If the New Leader branded Insight is the crippled style, then it might not work with general purpose uses such as a regular Insight. In other words, it may not be possible to create harvesting, planting or spraying configurations.

On the other hand a regular Insight might work just fine with the New Leader spreader as well as all its other uses.

Here's kind of a potential worse case scenario that may not even be correct. Suppose the New Leader branded Insight has the steering unlock and you install a Nav II and it works. Great. Later the New Leader branded Insight has a melt down and needs to be replaced. Then the addition of the steering might be a problem since a generic Insight might not work with the spreader and it might not have the unlock. Finding a working New Leader branded Insight with the steering unlock might be difficult. At that point one might regret having gone this route.

I'm not familiar with what New Leader would offer with a new spreader at this time. Maybe there is a New Leader version of the current InCommand display or maybe they have gone with something else. The steering options would be different.

Edited by tedbear 5/4/2023 06:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)