AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Go Time
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 4/30/2023 08:26 (#10209406 - in reply to #10209346)
Subject: RE: Go Time

tmrand - 4/30/2023 08:00

BShauler - 4/29/2023 20:00

We have a guy here that runs 2. 48 row planters. He does 5,000 acres in a short week.

A few years ago my son went down somewhere near York NE to help set up some GPS stuff for Climate Corp. There was a big partnering farm there where the equipment was being set up. One of the hands pulled in and parked a planter and said that they were exhausted but had just finished up planting. They had put in something like 14k acres in 10 days with just 2 planters. They did run shifts and plant 24 hours/day.

The interesting part to me was that they used one big planter and one small planter............like a 12 row. The 12 row ran around all of the obstacles and field edges and left the bulk of the planting to the single big one. They said that far more efficient than running 2 big ones.
We own land in the Gettysburg-Hoven area, tenant is top notch. Their field size on average is huge. Full sections of one crop farmed by one entity are rather commonplace. Hindsight is crystal clear, but wish I’d been aggressive buying up SD ground 30 years ago, when it was undervalued comparatively speaking.

Edited by Boone & Crockett 4/30/2023 08:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)