AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Deltamudd
Posted 4/30/2023 08:07 (#10209364 - in reply to #10209140)
Subject: 4450

Jzzz I can’t let this one go.

From “my work”, if you had half a brain you’d see that the point I’m making is that it’s not “my work”. The trend lines are there and are established by an algo or someone with very deeeeeeep pockets. “My work” was guessing it’d go blue to black. It could have gone black to blue. The trend lines, channels, whatever ya wanna call them in my opinion aren’t subjective. It’s objective and I’ve tried showing that but if a person can’t see that, idk I feel really bad for them because it’s basic pattern recognition and I just wanna take this moment to thank the Market Maker who is making it so. God bless. I used to hate market makers but now they are the greatest I suppose.

As for what actually drives price. The fundamentals of course. Inflation and weather. The rest of it is just a result of one of these two things and looking more into it, as a farmer imo, is just going to over complicate things and leave you standing there scratching your head because you can’t ever make a decision on where price is headed from information overload, so you end up holding the bag until price falls back to your break even. Well not you you. The indirect you.

And so those fundamentals are weather. El Niño coming. Pretty fing simple. And inflation being reduced. But that’s been established. I mean have we been in a downtrend for a while now? When I look at the chart “apparently so”. Is that worth mentioning every week? No because if you haven’t figured that out idk, there’s no hope. But these trend lines ya see, they give you a timeframe on price action. The fundamentals say down but how much down and how fast down? That’s the question, there’s usually a time element in most betting and the trend lines can help establish the parameters. That’s the big key to it. You can’t just be right about direction, you gotta time it too. And from what I have seen, those trend lines can help in aiding one’s decision making when it comes to things like hedging perhaps.

In that first thread one guy implied I wasn’t a “serious poster”

Imagine valuing sounding more serious rather than being right. What an absolute tool.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)