AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader steering in 8200 JD
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/30/2023 07:16 (#10209268 - in reply to #10209060)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader steering in 8200 JD

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Sounds as if temperature is the problem. Hopefully cleaning the coolers will allow it to keep working for you.

I am surprised that since you are just running auto steer and a hydraulic drive on the planter that the oil is overheating. I realize you have the smaller pump but I would think there would be enough capacity to handle both those things.

Your external valve looks different than mine. My first one came with a Trimble system for my ILS 8120 which I assume needs more oil flow. My second one came with a Trimble system for a regular MFWD older 8310. The external valve for the 8120 was physically much larger than the one for the 8310. I don't know if that was just due to the source or if the ILS entered into the situation. Both those external valves worked fine without any changes when I switched to SteerCommand. What I'm getting at is that maybe your valve is not the proper one for your 8200.

Are you using a motor return or an SCV for the planter hydraulic drive return? Has the hydraulic filter been changed recently. Since the tractor is new to you there may be some other internal problems.

Edited by tedbear 4/30/2023 07:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)