AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Family vacation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

DieselDennis
Posted 3/25/2023 21:40 (#10157661 - in reply to #10156059)
Subject: RE: Family vacation

Brandon, MS
I'd wait til it was warmer. The best activity is playing in a mountain stream.

I'd also skip Gatlinburg. They do have an aquarium there though. Not exactly huge, but there is a giant tank you walk around & through multiple times.

I'd also recommend Pigeon Forge just for Dollywood. Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg will all have the typical tourist trap things: go karts, mini golf, giant swings, mountain coasters, gondola rides, etc.

Plenty to see inside the Park. I'd recommend Cades Cove, but only once. It's a 10 mile traffic jam that you can't get out of. Some beautiful views though. It was a lot better pre-Covid. Clingman's dome is good and not very far from the parking lot, although the paved trail is steep. Hike into the park on one of the marked trails and see a waterfall. Tubing down a river can also be a good time for older kids.

I'm iffy on a chalet. They're a better deal for bigger groups. But you will spend some time driving up (and I do mean up) and down to them. Some have really nice views though.

The Smokies are a great place to start out your day with a cooler full of drinks and plenty of food and just go be in the park.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)