AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain-fed vs. grass-fed beef - and AI view
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

archie63
Posted 3/21/2023 18:01 (#10151145 - in reply to #10150423)
Subject: RE: Grain-fed vs. grass-fed beef

Barry County, MI
wrote this the other day on 4 test we had run in the pass few years
we send rib eyes for the sample of the 4 categories
no 1 grass feed grass growing months and grain feed daily also and alafals feed in winter with grain also . amount of omega 3 fatty acids total( 1.36 ) per cent omega 6 fatty acids total (4.46) percent . with a ratio of 3.28;1
no 2 grass feed from big organic chain market just grass feed amount of omega 3 ( .33 percent) amount of omega 6 ( 2.44 ) with a ratio of 7.39;1
no. 3 local big chain grocery store conventional raised beef amount of omega 3 (,61) omega 6 (2.24) with a ratio of 3.67;1
this was from a farmer in our county that sells freezer beef raised conventional amount of omega 3 (,31) amount of omega 6 (8,78) with ratio of 18.68

no 1 was our beef our pastures are a large part legume and hay is either alfalfa or red clover . 5 by5 wrapped bales and limited feed in summer and winter We feed what ever we have from wheat oats shelled corn to ear corn barley and spelts sometimes and roasted soybeans . right now some premix gallion humate roasted soybeans antacid ,oats ear corn.through geil 100 grinder . feed once a day

My statement is I can eat all the beef I want now .
Before we had our own beef I could eat beef once a week . If I ate more I wood get a lot of arthritis pain . That has been 99.5% cut out since we have had our own beef. Our ground had had alot of cal phash and humates and redmond salt and various minerials we can use that is omri approved.products My remarks are you can have a god ratio like( no 1 ) and (no 3) but you have to have a good amount like No 1 has more than twice the amount of omega 3 and the omega 6 is just twice the amount of the no 3 sample
archie

Edited by archie63 3/22/2023 05:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)