AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain-fed vs. grass-fed beef - and AI view
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

2TrakR
Posted 3/20/2023 18:55 (#10149851 - in reply to #10148090)
Subject: RE: Grain-fed vs. grass-fed beef - and AI view

Saginaw Bay Area - Michigan
cfdr - 3/19/2023 16:53

I have always questioned if grass-fed beef is better for a person than grain-fed beef. It certainly would not surprise me if there was some benefit to grass-fed, but I've never heard of any science that actually shows any (at least significant) benefit. The downside, of course, is taste, especially consistency, and affordability.

My son subscribes to the new GPT4 Chat AI that just came out. This is not the MS version, but one from the company that developed it. The tech field is pretty much raving about this new version that just became available. So, I had my son ask about this grain-fed vs. grass-fed question. My comments to my son were these:

Pretty good.

I give it credit that, right at the beginning, is says that both types of beef can be part of a healthy diet. Also that higher omega-6 "may contribute to inflammation when consumed in excess." Other point are also just pointing out a possibility of increased benefits.

Also - it says to consider that even though grass-fed beef "may offer some health advantages," it is less affordable. I would add too that it is not as tender or favorable as grain-fed beef, and that many will use flavor enhancers to remedy this. It is most definitely not as consistent in quality.

When pressed, like you did, it admits that the variability is significant. And, omega-3 fatty acids are much more available in something else, like salmon.

So, not too bad - but you had to press it and demonstrate some knowledge before it admitted some things it had access to. While it did seem to want to convince you that grass-fed was better, and it continued to try to make that point, it did admit that any real science was not available.

But, it did not try to make the case that grain-fed beef was simply harmful to consume.

The problem with Chat GPT and other "AI" is there is zero confidence in the responses provided. The information may be totally fake, made up or just wrong. The benefit of the AI is that it can help provide content, but the receiver must be educated to know if the content is "truth" or not.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)