AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

L8000 Feed Truck Alternator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Offroadnt
Posted 3/21/2023 06:53 (#10150386 - in reply to #10150229)
Subject: RE: L8000 Feed Truck Alternator

Southern Alberta Canada
rollinghorseranch - 3/20/2023 21:56This is what is mounted behind the air intake on the passenger side. I honestly have no idea what the wires are that are going to it. I did cross reference the number on there and it says it’s a starter exciter I believe.

Jump across the two big posts momentarily and you will get your answer. I'd say starter relay but it could be accessory relay. Then jump from the battery side to the small post to make sure it works.

Alternator B+ should be tied directly to the battery either through starter battery post or directly.

It's hard to believe it won't charge this system is so simple. You are using a known good voltmeter? Did you double check it on something like your pickup or something else you know is charging properly? What kind of meter is it? Dash voltmeter could be inaccurate for any number of reasons, I always tell people if the machine is showing proper charge rate with a handheld meter get used to what the dash meter shows as it may not be exact. An example is our International 9200i s show somewhere between 12 and 14 volts even though they are all showing the same at the alternator and batteries with a handheld meter.

Those 22SI alternators are around $300CAD brand new directly from the truck dealers up here FYI. Might be different where you are.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)