AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Facebook hack
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 3/18/2023 23:49 (#10147181 - in reply to #10147068)
Subject: RE: Facebook hack

Lots of times when someone says their FB account is hacked, they really mean that someone has created a new FB account and copied their details to pretend to be them. The “victim” still has access to their own account but someone else has an account that looks just like theirs.

What you appear to be saying is that someone really has taken over your account rather than creating a duplicate.

I guess I’d start by contacting your “Facebook friends” via phone and have them report your account. Maybe you can somehow get FB to allow you to have access to your account if enough of your friends report it.

I wouldn’t hold my breath for a good outcome though. This is why one should:

1. Have very strong passwords. This means passwords that do not have any words in them, and that are not common acronyms. Passwords that have upper case, lower case, numbers, special characters and in a totally random order and at least 12 if not 16+ characters long.

2. Have multi-factor authentication enabled

One concerning thing is, how did the person who now has your account gain access? Is your computer or phone compromised so they were able to log your keystrokes? Are any of your other accounts in jeopardy?

I wish you luck. Dealing with this crud is a mess.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)