AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking to build a "spray table"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/18/2023 08:17 (#10145913 - in reply to #10144691)
Subject: RE: Looking to build a "spray table"

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I don't have many tips on creating a spray demo table but it did remind me of a situation where I viewed once and the possible consequences.

Here in Minnesota, I need a Private Pesticide Applicators' license. After the initial training and issuance, we are required to take a refresher course every 3 years and pay $75 to the State. This refresher can be accomplished several ways. One way is to attend a live presentation, you sit through it, pay them $75 on your way out and you are given a new temporary card. It can also be done online.

I usually attended the live course as one of the presenters was very good and I felt I learned something from him. Other presenters not so much as they just read rules to us. Anyway at one of the meetings, they had a small cattle water tank with a pump system where they could swap various tips to demonstrate tip patterns, partial plugging and other problems. To make this more visible they had a couple of spring loaded snap on fixtures with 110VAC incandescent bulbs so the audience could better see the various patterns. This really was quite interesting. One of ladies who was helping bumped the stand and one of the light fell into the cow tank which contained a fair amount of water. She instinctively reached into the tank and retrieved the light.

The crowd let out a collective groan but the lady was not hurt. She was the one collecting the $75 at the door at the end of the program and the guy ahead of me expressed his fear to the lady. She just brushed it off as if it was nothing at all. I told the guy that I could envision the headline "Local Presenter hurt at Government Safety Meeting".

Edited by tedbear 3/18/2023 08:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)