AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble TrueTracker - Nav Location
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mohr-power
Posted 3/17/2023 10:09 (#10144460)
Subject: Trimble TrueTracker - Nav Location

West-Central IL
I have the gps globe at the back of the planter over the seed openers (see pic), but i wanted to know if it matters where the nav controller goes. The directions have it on the gps antenna pole on the back of the implement, but I was wondering if I could put it on the planter tongue right behind the protrakker hitch (see pic of proposed location). That way I wouldn't have to make cable extensions and try to fish them through the planter tongue. It would make moving it from the planter to the strip-till bar and back much easier and less time consuming as well. I have 2 possible concerns about placing the nav directly behind the hitch.

First, will the nav pick-up the correct tip/angle of the planter?:
It seems the tractor and planter pivot independently from each other in all directions at the hitch. Provided the planter hitch doesn't flex or twist (which it should not) then if the planter mainframe is tilted 15 degrees then so should the planter tongue because there is no pivot point between the mainframe and the tongue. Now the higher up on a mast it is, the farther it will move left or right, but the height shouldn't impact the angle the mast is tilted. In order for the top of the tongue to be at a different angle then the mainframe, wouldn't the tongue have to twist like a corkscrew?

Second, would being that close to the protrakker hitch throw the gyros off in the nav when the hitch quickly slides sideways? Could the quick side to side movement of the hitch cause the nav to "over-react"?

So how important is the placement of the nav controller? Im guessing it needs to go toward the rear, otherwise they wouldn't provide long cables (unfortunately not long enough). However, I would like to know for sure from someone with experience.

Thanks.

(20230316_120616 (full).jpg)

(20230316_113430 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20230316_120616 (full).jpg (100KB - 132 downloads)
Attachments 20230316_113430 (full).jpg (121KB - 124 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)