AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need Help waking kids up in the morning
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Usetobe dental asst
Posted 3/14/2023 12:49 (#10139584 - in reply to #10139204)
Subject: RE: Need Help waking kids up in the morning

South Central MN
I went back to re-read your post and am assuming they can’t get up for fun things they choose either? If that is the case, I would have them checked medically to make sure nothing is wrong healthwise. You don’t need to respond to any of my questions - just throwing them out for you to think about. Do they have cell phones or any other electronic devices (television, IPad, computer, etc) in their rooms? Remove them if they do (again, just throwing out ideas). Are there other areas of their lives where discipline is a problem? You mentioned they can’t get up for sports either. In my opinion, getting yourself up and ready for each day (regardless of your internal clock) is a form of self-discipline, and if you cannot accomplish that task, there wouldn’t be other things for them to do, unless it is directly with their family. Keep in mind that a friend of my daughters Nick-named me “the Judge”. I really don’t believe I was a really tough parent, but I am pretty logical, so consequences of the kids actions fit the “crime”. There is a really good parenting book out there.
Edit - I just read your post again, so ignore my screen time comment.

Edited by Usetobe dental asst 3/14/2023 12:50

(53C7220F-2DA2-44EC-ADF6-CBF06DA3B8DD (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 53C7220F-2DA2-44EC-ADF6-CBF06DA3B8DD (full).jpeg (88KB - 138 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)