AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finally got rtk for my utv
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/12/2023 12:31 (#10136043 - in reply to #10135918)
Subject: RE: Finally got rtk for my utv

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
With a field with a waterway across one corner that splits the field, I believe you will want to create two outer boundaries for the field. As I recall you will start by creating an outer boundary for one part and drive around it or at least far enough that the point where you stop is a straight line back to your starting point. Allow it to complete that boundary. Accept that boundary. Then drive to the other area and start over again creating another outer boundary. The two boundaries will be separate areas but associated with the same field name.

This means if you decide to do an operation such as spraying, you could go across the waterway (assuming it is fairly flat) and go into the other part of the field so you could work back/forth across the entire field if desired. Auto swath would shut off sections as it encounters areas that had been sprayed or when you are outside an outer boundary. The sections would stay off until you travelled back inside an outer boundary (could be the same one or the other one) to an area that had not yet been sprayed.

You might even have a situation that could utilize inner boundaries. These are areas I think of as island which are completely INSIDE an outer boundary.

Another approach that might work OK would be to make an outer bundary around the entire field and then make an inner boundary bordering the waterway. This might not work exactly as you want in some parts and you might need to shut auto swath off and control sections manually in those special places.

Edited by tedbear 3/12/2023 12:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)