AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Daughters solo with the symphony
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

datyerdog?
Posted 3/13/2023 18:49 (#10138424 - in reply to #10138188)
Subject: RE: Daughters solo with the symphony

farmgirl - 3/13/2023 15:52

Amazing! I know she probably started at church, but who recognized her amazing talent and encouraged her, or did she seek out the professional help to attain her level of performance! She is an amazing young lady with a bright future!

Thank you for the kind words. Carolyn did start in church, and school. When she was in kindergarten when she sang her first solo in front of 500 people. My mom taught music at school and gave voice and piano lessons. Carolyn came to her grandma in eight grade and told her she wanted to learn to sing classical music, not pop. My mom was classically trained so she was able to teach her proper technique. Carolyn then took lessons from Dr Jonathan Ray in Independence MO. She sang in a contest at William Jewell College her junior year and won first in the female division. The next year she was awarded a scholarship to William Jewell College where she is currently in their Choral Scholars program. She sang in England and Scotland last summer and this summer she will sing in the Mozart opera “The Magic Flute” in Waimea, Hawaii.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)