AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader implement switch Kinze 4905
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/11/2023 05:57 (#10133762 - in reply to #10133108)
Subject: RE: Agleader implement switch Kinze 4905

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
ACFarms - 3/10/2023 17:04

I have a Kinze 4905 planter w/o markers with Blue Vantage monitor to run the planter. I use my Agleader 1200 and SteerCommand for tractor autosteer.
What do I need to have an implement switch on the planter connected to the Incommand monitor? If I forget to turn logging on then Smartpath doesn't work to steer back on the headlands.
Thanks in advance.

I'm confused by your last statement. You say If you forget to turn logging on (Screen Icon I presume) then Smartpath doesn't work to steer back on the headlands. Personally we have an InCommand 1200 steering the planting tractor and several modules on the planter dealing with seed, spray fertilizer. We do not use SmartPath but probably should. In our case the engagement of auto steer is always done with the engage switch but could be done with the on screen steering icon.

If I understand your complaint, you are saying that with Smartpath, you must manually turn on the screen icon for the coverage/variety map or the desired Smartpath for a return headland pass doesn't appear? Do any AB lines appear? Are you also saying that if you remember to manually turn on the screen icon for the coverage/variety map, the desired Smartpath line appears and you can engage on it? This surprises me but may be correct.

I am assuming that you have an InCommand 1200 with SteerCommand but no Ag Leader modules beyond steering. Coverage logging can be started/stopped several ways: 1) screen icon (which I assume you are referring to and forgetting to do at times). 2) Auto steer engagement 3) an implement switch to a seed type module. In your case you may not have any seed type modules.

If all this is true, then one solution would be to install an Ag Leader Application Rate Module. This module can be used different ways. In your case, it can be installed either in the tractor or planter and have an implement switch attached to its AUX port. A pair of wires runs to an implement switch whose status changes as the Planter is raised/lowered. The the coverage/variety map would start/stop based on whether the planter is UP/DOWN. Then the coverage map would not be based on Auto Steer or whether you had pushed the screen icon. Hopefully then Smartpath would show the correct AB line for guidance on the return headland pass and you could engage on it.

Again we have not experienced this problem probably because 1) we are not using Smartpath 2) we have seed modules that control the coverage due to an implement switch.

The screenshot below shows how one can have the coverage map based on the status of auto steer when no modules other than the steering are involved. I tested this earlier this week after switching some things around. Note the check box in the lower center of the screen. This worked as expected on my "gravel road" test but I was using a Straight AB line and NOT Smartpath. Someone earlier this week was complaining that this was not working for them. In my case when I chose a Guidance application, the check box was checked by default.

Edited by tedbear 3/11/2023 06:26

(IMG_2156[1] (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_2156[1] (full).JPG (84KB - 35 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)