AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sydney, Australia Area?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

j.p
Posted 2/25/2023 21:46 (#10112911 - in reply to #10108560)
Subject: RE: Sydney, Australia Area?

NWIL
I've spent quite a bit of time in the areas you mention down under. Australia was a place I just fit in great and loved, would get on a plane tomorrow if the opportunity was there.

What I'd suggest is to just book a ticket and go. Spend 2-3 days around Sydney taking that area in, then rent a car and head towards Dubbo or Gunnedah without a plan. Spend the night in the smaller towns, head into the busiest hotel in town, and just have a meal and some beers and talk to the locals. They love Americans, with your accent they'll pick up on it right away. All the sudden you'll have a bunch of new best friends and likely too many stubbies sitting in front of you to drink. Stop at dealers (of any color), or other agricultural sort of places and talk to the folks behind the desk and they'll have someone in mind to ring up and show you around. The folks are just that friendly down there.

My first trip down there I pretty much did just that, went around the countryside and was taken in at each stop. Being it was December all the sudden I was at Christmas parties in the evening and being driven around the country during the day. Man, what a BLAST.

I went a lot of areas, but the Dubbo region (including Warren, Narromine, Gilgandra) and Gunnedah (Tamworth, Breeza, Quirindi) were my favorites.

Above all, just freaking go. Its a big, cool country. Email is good if any further thoughts are wanted.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)