AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

de-pescribing insulin and medication for diabetics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/9/2023 19:30 (#10131587 - in reply to #10131003)
Subject: Keeping the shiny side up

Pittsburg, Kansas
I took allopurinol for several years after they had to jerk a kidney stone out of my ureter. That was no fun before or after. They blasted me first and some of the stones passed. One big one didn't. Damaged a kidney with the blasting. That trip back to the emergency room also was no fun.

The pee doctor put me on several medications. One or two was making me really sick. Finally figured which one and quit it. Might have been the allopurinol, can't remember. Been 20 years or so ago now.

Off all meds now except for a half dose of Metformen (250mg), and a couple of eye drops for glaucoma to reduce my internal eye pressure. It is borderline and I question if it is really needed.

Other than recovering from the MC accident, feel lots better than 5 years earlier when fat and taking a handful of medications including insulin.

Bought another motorcycle since accident and put 4,000 miles on it (just this last season) , mostly gravel roads and county blacktop. Plus riding 2 of my 3 other motorcycles. And if I get bored with those 4, wife has two I can borrow, LOL.

Been riding since 12 or 13. Probably approaching a couple hundred thousand miles total. Coast to coast, Key West, Florida to Coldfoot, Alaska. Strip pit dumps to gravel roads to Interstate highways. Haven't had a fatal accident yet. But I will definitely quit riding if I do.

Edited by John Burns 3/9/2023 19:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)